Job Opening - Event Coordinator
We are currently seeking a full-time Event Coordinator to assist with the management and execution of 8 annual business conferences. Reporting to the Senior Director Business Unit, this role requires a meticulously organized individual with the capability to manage multiple projects. The ideal incumbent is proficient in coordinating many aspects of event management, with strong administrative skills. Must possess great communication skills, both written and verbal. Skilled in Microsoft Office, with above average command of Excel and PowerPoint. The successful candidate will also have a desire to grow their event management skills enabling them to evolve into an Event Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Event Director with the execution of conferences by providing required administrative support
- Produce, send and manage speaker contracts, agreements, presentations
- Create and maintain accurate and up to date records and files for all projects and ensure that all contracts/agreements are properly secured
- Develop event-specific organizational tools such as timelines, contact lists and deliverables
- Provide extensive support in event execution by ensuring that all resources are available to the participants: pre-event e-mails to attendees, logistic information to speakers etc.
- Assist in the onsite management of events: registration, customer service, on-site speaker/sponsor assistance
- Interact with onsite staff and volunteers ensuring they are provided with all deliverables
- Prepare responses to written inquiries, providing both information of events and their execution processes, i.e.: speaker proposals, selection process, general inquiries
- Liaise with Association partners ensuring all sessions, workshops, webinars have been submitted for certification
- Monitor and update event websites as needed
- Create multi-media presentations (PowerPoint) for events and client presentations
- Must have a valid drivers license and access to a car. Occasional evening and week-end work required, plus the ability to travel a few times a year
- Travel to the US and Canada – must have a valid passport and ability to travel cross-border
- Liaison with internal Marketing team to help fulfill attendee marketing critical path tasks
Remuneration package will commensurate with experience. Immediate start for right candidate. Candidate will work out of our office in Markham, ON.