Job Openings - Manager of Group Sales
To work collaboratively with the Portfolio Director to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. This includes contacting and securing new business accounts/customers, maintaining/expanding relationships with existing business accounts, increasing brand value and positioning our products for future growth.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Revenue Responsibilities (approximately 80%)
- Promotes/sells/secures paid registrations for conferences from existing and prospective customers
- Manages the sales activities of dedicated telesales personal
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches prospective customers and determine their potential
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Expedites the resolution of customer challenges and concerns
Administration Responsibilities (approximately 20%)
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service internal teams.
- Analyzes the territory/market potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Maintains Sales Pipeline using in-house Group Sales CRM tool (Unity).
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participate in some of Macgregor Communications conferences on-site.
- Co-ordinates marketing efforts to support sales. (i.e. Sending emails, co-ordinating mass call campaigns with call centre to qualify leads.)
The following would be considered an asset:
- At least three-year sales experience
- Desire to work, learn and grow in an exciting environment
- Post-secondary training in Business, Marketing or Sales
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software
Remuneration package will commensurate with experience. Immediate start for right candidate. Candidate will work out of our office in Markham, ON.
Please submit applications to: